All duly elected and acting County Commissioners are eligible for active membership in this organization. Active members are assessed dues based on their county's assessed value and population. Payment of dues by a county entitles all commissioners from that county to membership in both organizations. Sustaining membership is available for any former county commissioner or other county or state official who shows sincere interest in the affairs of this Association, upon his or her request to and approval by the Board of Directors. Sustaining members may participate in the aims and purposes of this Association and shall be eligible to serve on committees, but shall not be entitled to vote. Sustaining members do not pay dues.
CCAWV offers a unique membership opportunity for commercial enterprises, non-profit organizations, institutions of higher education, firms, associates, corporations, or individuals that share our interest in county government. The CCAWV Associate Business Membership Program recognizes the critical need for new public-private partnerships to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness in county government operations. CCAWV believes that developing a strong relationship with the private sector and other public sector organizations is beneficial, not only to commissioners, but also to the citizens of the counties who are ultimately served. Although Associate Members do not have voting privileges and are not eligible to serve in any association office, board, or committee, they are invited to attend conference and meetings throughout the year.
Benefits of Associate Membership
The cost of an Associate Business Membership is just $450 per year. Associate Members will enjoy the following benefits:
- Associate Business Members will receive a one-year subscription to CCAWV’s monthly newsletter, “Commissioners’ Corner”.
- Associate Business Members will receive a free copy of CCAWV’s “Directory of County Commissioners of West Virginia” and will receive a free full-page ad in the directory which is at the fingertips of all county commissioners and their staff members.
- Associate Business Members will receive a one-year subscription to CCAWV’s legislative bulletin, the “Legislative Lineup”, which is published weekly when the WV Legislature is in session.
- Associate Members will receive a copy of CCAWV’s annual Legislative Agenda. This document identifies CCAWV’s legislative position on priority issues affecting the basic interests of West Virginia’s local county commissions.
- Associate Business Members will receive a copy of CCAWV’s annual “Summary of Legislation” affecting county commissions.
- Once a year, all Associate Business Members will be listed in CCAWV’s newsletter.
- New Associate Business Members will be introduced to members in CCAWV’s newsletter and given an opportunity to showcase their services.
- Associate Business Members will receive all registration materials for CCAWV’s Annual Meetings, held every summer and winter and every other autumn. Associate Members who attend (and reserve an exhibit booth, if available) the meetings will receive a 20% discount off the registration fee. (A limited number of exhibit spaces are available and must be reserved in advance in accordance with exhibitor registration procedures.) These are unique opportunities to meet commissioners and county workers face-to-face and discuss what your company can do for them. Additional opportunities for sponsorship may be available, please contact CCAWV for more details!
- Once a year, all Associate Business Members will be displayed on a placard during our “Associate Member Sponsored Luncheon”.
- Associate Business Members will be listed on CCAWV’s website. Contact information and links to your website are included with each entry.